Monday, July 5, 2010



I have been working on a couple of paintings for the Studio Gallery All Members Show later on this month which has a theme "Tripping the Light Fantastic". I wanted mine to be minimal, sublime yet powerful so I am working out light just light in a monochromatic palette hoping when done people will need sunglasses to view the work. Wouldn't that be funny if I blinded a few unsuspecting folk, just kidding, sort of kidding, well not really kidding. The pieces I am putting on the blog are not done and will have white over top suggesting glare. Hopefully it is not too trite when finished but it is what I am doing so there. They are about halfway done and I have about a weeks worth of painting in them so far. The white you see is plain gessoed canvas and feels pretty strong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment